Monday, January 13, 2014

My Word(s) of the Year

Have you chosen your 'Word of the Year'?  Choosing one word to focus on all year long, helps inspire you and create intention in your life. So they say, anyway. :)

I thought and thought about what word would really suit me for this year and stage in my life. I kept coming back to one simple word: CAN



CAN?! I know it sounds quite odd when it's by itself. LOL Not the tin can that your food comes in.

CAN: be able to: to have the ability, knowledge, or opportunity to do something
 
a :  know how to 
b :  be physically or mentally able to 
c  :  used to indicate possibility
 
d :  be permitted by conscience or feeling to  
e :  be made possible or probable by circumstances to 
f :  be inherently able or designed to 
g :  be logically
You see, I use "CAN'T" in my vocabulary a lot. It's my immediate go to word when something is hard...in life, simple little tasks, work and relationships. And if I'm not saying it out loud, then I'm definitely thinking it my head. Sorry to be negative Nelly, but I really do look at the negative before the positive. It drives my hubby crazy. I'm a huge worry wart!! But it's never too late to change!

So as 2014 was approaching I was thinking about my little word, CAN, and the possible dreams and goals I have for the year. And the amazing thing, when I thought about my sweet little word, things seemed to clear up that were foggy and my attitude changed. Even doing simple tasks around the house that I went immediately to my husband for help, I put my big girl pants on and figured it out myself! I felt great! Even if it was simple as opening a jar by myself. LOL
 

My Main Focus this year:

I CAN be the best mom I CAN be for my boys. Be more involved. Be more present.

I CAN be the best girlfriend to my hubby. Even when times get tough, we are in this together. I CAN have more date nights with hubby even if they are at home. :)

I CAN be more organized and clean. Just a few minutes a day makes a huge difference!

I CAN take time for myself each day. Even if I only have time to work out for 10 minutes.

I CAN be positive. And Say goodbye to Nelly!!!! ;)


I CAN dream. I CAN make plans... it might be a little scary but I CAN do it!

Making handmade items has always been a passion of mine. There is such a wonderful feeling I get sharing my art and creations with others. I can't wait to see where my business takes me this year! It has been quite a fun ride last year and 2014 is going to be even better!

I CAN! I CAN! I CAN! I'm throwing my can'ts in the trash!

Here's to a wonderful 2014!

What's your word of the year?

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Great word! I totally agree!
      Thanks for the love. :)

      Delete
  2. Very uplifting positive post. It is so good to have you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danice! I'm trying to he Positive Patty!
    It's great to be back!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!