Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Decor

Pin It

School is out and summer is here! This is one of my favorite times of the year! I love having my boys home with me all day.

I added a few accent pieces to my everyday decor to summerize our home. I love how everything came together. 


I moved my gameboard to the living area and just love the pop of color it brings along our neutral stone wall. I made the gameboard all by hand, no stencils. It took a lot of patients, time and love making it. But it was well worth it. :)


I love my Americana bowl. It's big and heavy!


I just love filling my home with old treasures. The molding is from one of my favorite local stores, Simply Bungalow. I got a box of blue mason jars for $5. So I have them scattered throughout the house.


More old and handmade treasures.


The first and only time I saw the ocean was about 10 years ago at Monterey Bay, CA. What a beautiful place! I picked up this small lighthouse. It brings back memories and I hope to see the ocean again soon. I remind my hubby almost daily that I want to go on a beachy vacation... :)




More blue jars...my mom made the old beadboard box with dried lavendar.



I love a great bargain! I got the black basket for $1 and old picnic basket for $1 at past garage sales. And the watermelon I made from a piece of a tree trunk I got from the neighbor.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate all your comments and emails!

And don't forget to like At Home With K on facebook! I love to add little extras over there and interact with my peeps!


15 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your decor! You have a good eye! ..not to mention that primlicious gameboard!!!! Wish you could come and decorate my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindra, Is always a pleasure see pic's of your home. I remembered when you share them of every season and put wooden items for sale. One of my favorite decor to display in fall are the blocks that I bought from you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so nice to hear Eve! That makes my day that you are still enjoying your block set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the white clock with the frame! now how to do that here with my limited wall space!! did you make the clock??? i must shop with you!! LOL Daisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisha, I found the clock at a garage sale for $1 and spray painted it and replaced the clock part. It was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty and festive. I love your red birdhouse and your game board is really, really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have a knack for decorating, Kindra. Love all your displays
    and personal touches. Everything looks Beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The game board is awesome. Patience is a virtue...... I don't have it but every once in a while it visits long enough to finish a project I think I can't do.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything looks great Love the arrangement with the light house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh....I loved this post! Loved looking at your summer decor! I'm in love with that gameboard. Wanna sell one? :) I emailed you. Not sure if you got it.

    You're inspiring me to get to some garage sales too!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could just move right in and be at home with this decor - love the colors! I have nominated your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award - please go to my site to check out the rules / guidelines.
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!